Skip to content
We Do Dis News

We Do Dis News

Discover World Top News . Pop Culture

Primary Menu
  • Home
  • Buzzing
  • Entertainment
  • Music
    • SA Music News
  • Sports
  • South Africa
    • Government
    • Crime and Court
  • Tech
  • Celebs
  • More News
    • Culture
    • World
    • podcast
  • celebs
  • Entertainment
  • Featured Celebs

SABC Unveils Exciting New Drama to Succeed ‘Muvhango’ in 2026!

Man-Gale November 15, 2025 3 minutes read
SABC Launches Captivating Drama to Replace 'Muvhango' in 2026!

SABC Launches Captivating Drama to Replace 'Muvhango' in 2026!

  • Kagiso Modupe, an actor and television director, will have his new telenovela, Pimville, take the place of the long-running soap opera Muvhango
  • The cherished Tshivenda series was cancelled as of August 2025, concluding nearly three decades on the air
  • Fans and viewers took to social media to say their goodbyes to the show

The SABC has announced that the new telenovela Pimville will take the spot of Muvhango, which concluded in August 2025.

This year’s cancellation of the beloved soapie after 28 years surprised many South Africans, as it had been a staple of the television landscape.

The Citizen reported on Friday, 26 November 2025, regarding the debut of Pimville in 2026. However, the broadcaster has yet to reveal the precise date it will launch.

“The telenovela is set to debut in the first half of 2026, Mondays to Fridays in the 21:00 slot,” said the channel.

Produced by Bakwena Productions, the new show is co-owned by actor and director Kagiso Modupe.

Nomsa Chabeli, the CEO of SABC, previously indicated that plans for a successor to Muvhango were in motion. The series ended its broadcast in August 2025 after almost 30 years.

Entertainment critic Mlu commented on his X account that Muvhango was indeed cancelled and is being replaced by Pimville Queens.

“SABC cancels Muvhango for good due to low ratings. A new telenovela, “Pimville Queens” from Bakwena Productions, owned by Kagiso Modupe, is set to premiere in August,” he wrote.

Reactions from South Africans about Pimville replacing Muvhango

@Oreokametsee replied:

“Kagiso is producing a telenovela while owing the Queedom cast.”

@OslinaM wrote:

“Shame, man, it’s a pity for those who’ll lose their jobs after this.”

@Sir_Boh reacted:

“I hope one day Uzalo and Generations will be cancelled.”

@nsmvelase111 said:

“Giyani – Land of Blood was way better than Muvhango.”

@Hoecutter commented:

“This is the last time we are going to hear Venda other than in Cosmo & Alex. Sad.”

@KhotsoNqokwane responded:

“They don’t watch it, then cry wolf when it gets canceled.”

@_tryzonzama said:

“If he pays his crew and cast, then all is well.”

@SiweM_ responded:

“Oh, SABC 2 may get 30 minutes of my time on weekdays again since they canceled 7de Laan.”

@m_kobene wrote:

“Bakwena Productions, hopefully, will pay creatives on time.”

@motiane21 reacted:

“It’s time for Kagiso Modupi to shine more.”

@rohula_r replied:

“It was only a matter of time. Even Venḓa people don’t watch Muvhango anymore, and I don’t blame us. The writers and producers stopped caring a long time ago. But at least it should be replaced by another Venḓa show.”

@sebulelon said:

“Good riddance, it’s long overdue, it has long run its course…bye.”

@popomosarwane commented:

“This show gets canceled every month. I thought they were already canceled.”

Tags: Drama Exciting Muvhango SABC Succeed Unveils

Post navigation

Previous: Touchline Unleashes ‘Inkunzi’ with Kwesta & Mnqobi Yazo Before ‘Mambisa Golden Boy’ Lands
Next: Absa and Visa Team Up with Football Star Ronwen Williams for Inspiring New Initiative.

Related Stories

DJ Maphorisa Channels R8 Million into Music Royalties: A New Era for The Yanos Magazine
  • celebs
  • Entertainment
  • Featured Celebs

Mzansi Embraces DJ Maphorisa’s Latest Dance Craze: The ‘Shabang’ Moves!

Man-Gale May 24, 2026 0
img_1946.jpg
  • celebs
  • Entertainment
  • Featured Celebs

Pam Andrews Makes a Comeback with Exciting New Role After ‘Rhythm City’

Man-Gale May 23, 2026 0
img_1945.jpg
  • celebs
  • Entertainment
  • Featured Celebs

Musa Khawula Returns: Breaking His Silence After a Week Away from X

Man-Gale May 23, 2026 0

Categories

  • Breaking News
  • Buzzing
  • celebs
  • Crime and Court
  • Culture
  • Entertainment
  • Featured Celebs
  • Government
  • International Celebs
  • Life Style
  • Music
  • podcast
  • Politics
  • SA Hip-Hop
  • SA Music News
  • South Africa
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • World
  • World Hip-Hop
Watch Videos

You may have missed

Kopama's Quest: Unleashing Utdtrey's Influencer Showdown
  • Sports

Tuchel Reveals Why Cole Palmer Was Left Out of 2026 World Cup Roster

Sello Mojaring May 24, 2026 0
  • Breaking News
  • South Africa

UK Invests R500 Million in Congo’s Ebola Response Amid Widening Outbreak to Uganda

admin May 24, 2026 0
Valentín Barco's Chelsea Transfer: Agreement Reached for Summer Switch
  • Sports

Chelsea Secures Valentín Barco Transfer from RC Strasbourg

Sello Mojaring May 24, 2026 0
Showdown Sunday: Liverpool and Brentford Fight for Final Day Triumph
  • Sports

Decisive Clash: Liverpool and Brentford Battle for Glory on Final Day

Sello Mojaring May 24, 2026 0
Copyright © All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.